Dr Bassel Francis is one of middle east's most accomplished and experienced Laser eye surgeons. Aiming to exceed your expectations when it comes to your laser eye surgery consultation, safety, treatment and aftercare.
Dr Bassel Francis and his team are pleased to provide patients with Myopia
, and Astigmatism
with a new and Touch Free treatment
'No Touch' Laser Treatment
This method differs from LASIK in that a corneal flap is not created. There is no cutting of the cornea to create a flap.
The laser in 'one-step' removes the epithelium (surface layer) and does the laser correction concurrently. This technique precisly removes
the epithelium allowing for faster healing and the manual aspects of the PRK procedure are
minimized, making it a 'no-touch
The procedure requires a new generation of lasers, the "Schwind Amaris 750S Excimer laser
is specific for this kind of treatment. In addition it is fast, strong, precise and safe.
This unique laser is conveniently available at Dr Bassel Francis's clinics.
Advantages of Trans-Epithelial 'No Touch' Laser
- Both eyes can be treated on the same day.
- Procedure takes about 1 minutes per eye.
- The procedure makes treatment more comfortable for the patient.
- It is less invasive and there is no risk
of long term or late flap complications.
- The advantages of this technique are the precise removal of epithelium allowing for faster healing and the manual aspects of the PRK procedure are
minimized, making it a 'no-touch' procedure.